Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I Can Be Alone, Yeah, I Can Watch A Sunset On My Own

I've been just on the verge of sickness. Not quite there, just tired and drained. The weather hasn't helped much; rainy and grey. At least it's getting warmer.

Today I woke at 10am, but didn't get out of bed until well past noon. I just didn't feel like it. No need pushing yourself into sickness. I talked to my old high school friend, C-BHR (pronounced C-Bear) about Korea and South Africa. She's dating a South African guy, and we laughed and laughed about how strange a thing fate it. She and I are talking about taking a trip down to SA together in the next year or so. Why not. In high school we used to dream of Africa.

I've been reading a book Koos let me borrow called Your Erroneous Zones. It's very much a book that talks about how what you think becomes what you are. Nothing too earth shattering in its newness. But it made me pause. "What would you do if you weren't afraid?"

I stopped by Janos' for a bit to talk to the movie night crowd. He keeps moving the night around, so I thought I had missed it. But it was tongiht. Oh well, I had other plans. Met with Jennifer at Einstein for a glass of wine and some great conversation. I always leave Jen feeling like she's one of the coolest people I've ever met. I think I describe people in this way a lot, but it just keeps being true. Jen is amazing, and I'm really glad she's in my life.

Now I'm home. It's only 10:15pm. Most of the people who go to Einstein on a Wednesday night are just starting to trickle in now. I like Einstein nights, but frankly, I'm much more interested in actually talking to people, not just yelling at them. If I want to stand around and drink beer and yell at people I can't hear, I might as well stay home alone. Give me a small crowd, a nice bottle of wine, and lots of candles, maybe some quite jazz music. That's a night on the town. :-)

No comments: