Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Ick Descends

Things are starting to calm down a little for me. I feel like I'm starting to get used to this. The noise of the cars on the other side of the river bothered me a little, now it doesn't. Even the fast pace seems to be getting a bit more comfortable. Though, I can't WAIT for Friday!! (Friday and Saturday are the weekend here, Sunday = Monday)

Everyone was sick today. The Belgian girl, Brenda, was sick yesterday as well. Fever and the ick. Today Sandra fell ill and Steffie didn't show up for class either. Kaz and Quentin (Beligum) and I all had sort of wobbly stomachs, and even Kenny was quiet. Everyone has told us we'd probably all get sick, and I'm not surprised at all that it happened. New germs and a breakneck pace, it's like they WANT us to get ill!

It's been a rather uneventful day otherwise. The Arabic course isn't very well structured, and so it's a little confusing. It took me 2 hours to upload 70 pictures to Facebook. We underestimated how far away the American Research Center was, so we were a bit late. The guy in the library basically told us "Our library isn't very good, go use the German one." And then I took a long nap and went to a lecture on the Berlin dictionary.

Thrilling life, I know. Tomorrow all we have is Arabic, and then we're free until the lecture at 6. Tomorrow is also Kaz's birthday, and I think we're gonna go to Belgian Night at the Belgian embassy. How many people come to Cairo to party with Belgians? I don't know.

No comments: