Whuff. I feel like I've been on a wild roller coaster and have just hit a brick wall. I'm exhausted. Like, looking up at my bed contemplating just sleeping on the floor (with a sleeping bag, of course) sort of exhausted. Today has simply been too good.I went to the public library here to see if it might be worth getting a library card. I can read Dutch, but the books I want to read are mostly written in English, and translations are not fun. So, I checked out the English section. I found Stardust by Neil Gaiman. It's a truly pleasant little book, and I read a few chapters of it.
My back was warm against the heater, rain was pelting against the window, a fairy market unfolded before my eyes.
There's a cafe in the library called Coffee Star, and I sat in there, drank a mocha, and wrote and wrote. I did a little homework, and then I wrote some more. One of my characters has jumped out at me and demanded that he be described. So I've spent most of my day figuring him out. He's a rather delightful man, if a bit close minded at times. :-)
Then I came home, and ate, and wrote some more. I went to the sports center at 6 and danced for an hour. I'm trying to figure out how to use poi in dance, and make new combinations and such. Then Tai Chi, and Wushu, and home.
I'm listening to Bela, my room smells like lavender, and I'm simply exhausted. :-) But sublime.

No comments:
Post a Comment