Thursday, July 23, 2009

Week

Sunday Koos and I went geocaching again.  Koos and his friend Jan had decided to go off to a forest near Appeldoorn, in the east, and cache all day, and I decided that I needed the nature, so I went along.  It was a breathtaking spot.  They actually have hills out east!  Sorta.  The weather was erratic and it would be sunny and beautiful one minute, and literally 5 min later would be storming and gushing down water.  Got wet and cold, and then dry and hot, and then wet and cold again.  Crazy day, but I enjoyed it quite a bit.  :-)

The rest of the week has been rather slow.  Been waking up entirely too late, and getting entirely too little work done.  The past two days have been better, and I feel like I'm getting stuff accomplished.

Might have found a new apartment for the coming year.  This is good.  It's a bit small, but has a gorgeous view, and I wouldn't have to share a room with anyone.  The guy who owns the house studies Indonesian forms of Islam, so the house is filled with awesome art and fascinating books.  Hope it works out!

In other news, Koos and I finished watching Six Feet Under last night.  Gah.  I have never seen a more intensely depressing show in my life.  But good lord is it ever good.  So true to life, and so well written, well filmed, everything.  And the final episode is like a fresh breeze and clear sunlight through a dark, dusty room.  Cleanses everything.  Makes it all ok.  Even though, it's not ok.  Really.  Awesome.

No comments: