Sunday, November 9, 2008

Blah, so much to say!

So much to say!  :-)  Week.  End.  I spent most of Friday in the NINO library, sitting in the sunny sunny reading room, researching the Amduat and translating, and being a good student.

After a day of studiousness, I went to the Common Room for Game Night.  We played all sorts of good things, like Mastermind and Mafia.  (I got killed every round, except when I was a killer, but the pressure was too great, and I eventually confessed.)

Afterwards, Grace (Suriname), Aiste and her friend Wilma (Lithuanians both), Annaliese (Belgium), Anliel (Belgium), Carlos (Venezuela) and Jan Claus (Dutch-Italian born in Switzerland) and I went to the bar across the street and chatted and played some pool.  Boys against girls, and we might have beaten them too, but Carlos is a shark, and Jan Claus got lucky!  :-)

Saturday found me once again in the library being a good student.  I'm getting really good at being good.  :-)

I came home and worked quite a bit on my novel.  I actually have the entire book mapped out!  It's amazing, how I just suddenly have a perfectly clear idea of everything that has to happen.  The details are still a bit unclear, but still.  I was hit with inspiration a week ago, and now the plot is plotted.  Not bad!  Thanks to whichever Muse graced me with this one!

Saturday night we (Aiste, Wilma, Carlos, Julia, Silvia and Martha (Canada)) went to see I Have a Dream, a ballet put on by the student theater here.  It was a modern piece about the lines between dream and reality.  Right up my alley, right!  I was sort of uninspired by the first act, but the second act was really strong, and there were phenomenal moments and movements throughout.  The dancers were superb.  A very very enjoyable time.  Then we went to the Cafe here at home, and chatted and drank (hot chocolate for me!) on into the night.

Today, however, will have to wait.  I have a housewarming party to attend, and I must get wine first.  Janos is waiting!

4 comments:

Maggie said...

What wine will you choose?

Tell me some things you make with papayas and mangoes. We don't get a very good selection of mangoes or papayas here, sadly, but when I find some good mangoes, I make mango chutney. It's quite tasty. And I also purchase mango salsa occasionally and use it in a chicken dish I enjoy.

Hope you have a good day!

Robert said...

Sounds all very good to me ;) good days, good student, good parties, good friends! Yay for inspiration and universal "coincidence" with your life's topics :) Have a GOOD week!
Rob

Amy Sun said...

In the end, Maggie, I went with chocolate. I know more about it than about wine. :-)

As far as fruit is concerned, I'm not very complicated. I'm a peel em and eat em type of gal. :-)

I do make some mean fried apples though.

Amy Sun said...

Yes, Robert, life is good. Very good. Stressful and still life, of course, but I'm right back in the middle of its flow. Funny how we can get off course sometimes.

But Life remembers my name.