Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Jok Evol! (<--I Have No Clue What That Means, and I Should)

Coptic exam dun dun dun.  Aaaaand.... I think it went well.  I don't know what sort of grade I got, because I have no clue how he'll grade, but I'm certain I passed.  Which is good.

I came home, walking slowly in the cold, windy, rain, and I turned on a Zencast lecture and laid on my bed and watched the wind blow the trees and the seagulls around over the red roofs of the town for a while.

I wrote a bit more in my current story.  It's called Milk and Honey, and I still don't know the plot, though I have 8 pages.  This is the story that started writing itself one day, using my fingers.  I seriously got the first sentence in my head and just couldn't stop writing, even though I had no idea what was coming next.  It's still that way, and I'm loving it, though it's gotten slower.  It's like someone else is telling me the story, but where she started using words, she's now using memory, and I have to pluck her words from the memories themselves.  Awesome!

I did a little packing too, even though I have two weeks before the move.  But, hey, I won' wear all my clothes in two weeks, and I had some time.

Around 9 I met up with Yohann and went to the Church.  The Church is a pool hall across the street (sort of like calling a bar "The Library" I guess.)  We played a few rounds of pool (I won, in the end, because he didn't know I had ever played, and I made stupid shots at first (not on purpose) and then started sinking some really nice shots) and went to Olivier to have a beer.  It was a very good time, and I need to hang out with Yohann more often.  He is my oldest friend in Leiden, after all!  And certainly an interesting one!

No comments: