I wanted to wake up early this morning so I could get some work done. But I didn't. Well, that's not true. I got up 30 min early, which was only an hour later than I had planned.... That's actually a success I think! I want to get one of those Zen alarm clocks that wakes you up übergradually by making these tiny little chiming noises that get more and more frequent. It takes a few hours to wake up, and I like that idea. For me the problem with waking up in the morning isn't about laziness, it's about difficult transitions. My dreams are generally so vivid that it's like one minute I'm sitting here blogging and the next I'm lying in bed with loud noises blaring at me. My first reaction is just to turn off the noise and get back to blogging. I tend to have to set three or four alarms to get up. If only Zen alarm clocks were cheap like normal ones. I had the most amazingly strange ride to class. It was a beautiful sunny day today, but cold. On the way to class it starting raining. No clouds, just sunny blue sky and torrential rain! I was wet and cold by the time I got to class! Weird. Irene (Italy) and I complained about the weather and dreamed about warm sunny dry weather. :-)
Coptic continues to make everyone giggle. The word of the day? "Tako" it means "to destroy" but everyone thought it sounded like taco, and so laughed. There was also "para" which is some sort of preposition. Apparently, Coptic is just Spanish only mixed up a bit. haha
I had some lunch at Lipsius and then took up my place in the café. There was an American sitting next to me, and I'm pretty sure he was the most annoying person I've ever heard. He just didn't stop talking. Quackquackquack. And it was all strange stuff. Buying pot, and overcooking rice, and this and that and quack. Man, he just kept going. I think he was really nervous. There was a Turkish guy sitting at the table with him saying nothing. Quacks would say these weirdly awkward things, and the Turkish guy would say nothing, so Quacks would say something else weird and awkward. Poor guy. A girl finally came over and sat with them, and he got much less annoying. But man, he was my stereotype of an annoying American. Gah.
Oh well, I wish him the best. "What you react to in another, you amplify in yourself." --Eckhart Tolle
I then got into this groove in my work, and didn't look up again until 6pm! It was dark outside! But I got so much work done! And I was focused in a way that I haven't been able to focus in quite a long time. Felt good! :-)
Had tea and apple pie with Ilaria, Silvia, Jason and Julia. :-) Then I went to a discussion of religion and spirituality. There's a Christian group that's set up an English language discussion group. I didn't realize they were X-tian until I got there, because the flyer didn't mention any specific ideology. They were all, as predicted, convinced that X-tianity is the only way to the Truth, but they were all wonderfully open about it all anyway. We had a really great, really interesting discussion about the nature of God and Truth and all that easy, simple stuff. :-) I really liked them all, and I really enjoy talking to people who see the world and the Universe in such a different way.
After almost 3 hours(!) of talking, I'm now home, and decided to watch a bit of Mary Poppins. Just the Sister Suffragette song, which is possibly my favorite of the whole movie. :-P
"We're clearly soldiers in petticoats,
And dauntless crusaders for women's votes
Though we adore men individually
We agree that as a group they're rather stupid!"
Votes for Women! :-D

No comments:
Post a Comment