Ok, now for a more typical Amy-blog. Albeit short. Today = roxorz. Dutch was fun, and informative. But mostly the sun was shining!! And, in addition it was warm! Like, in the 70s! (25C) I didn't need a jacket!
After class, Claudia and I went to the park and read. Susanne joined us, and brought ice cream. Lekker! We had some left over, so I took the last one to a group of dudes sitting nearby and offered it to them. They joked with me in Dutch about how I had ruined their friendship by only bringing one (there were 4 of them) and told me they'd have to fight about it. (They ended up sharing! Haha.) All in all a gorgeously awesome day. I sat under a tree and read my book (see previous entry) and did my homework. That was my day. It was awesome!
Again, Robert with the open mind thing. Claudia. She's sort of the odd duck in our language class. She's not good with language, and just couldn't say anything for the first week or so. She also invariably says strange and out of place things, or asks a question just after the teacher has just discussed the answer. A lot of people find her annoying. I don't exactly. I just can't figure her out. (I also can't understand her German very well since she's from Nowheresburg.)
I think most people find her annoying precisely because she doesn't do or say what you think she should do or say. She's just marching on. Totally different drummer. I went to her apartment after class and we chatted a bit, and I thnk she's actually pretty cool now. Still haven't figured her out, but, hey, I haven't figured out a lot of people. Doesn't slow me down!
And now: Lolpod (the thing that made me Laugh Out Loud in Public Of the Day, in case you forgot)
A man stumbled through the park, laid out a blanket, took off his shirt, and proceeded to pass out in the sun. Spread eagle. A while later, this ADORABLE little fluffy poof dog (but a respectable fluffy poof) comes along, and freaks out at the sight of this man. He charges, full speed ahead, and begins to bound around the guy's spread eagle body, barking like a wild thing. The man doesn't move, he lays as if dead, while a renegade fuzz ball lays him low. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment