Sunday, July 27, 2008

Crazy Dreams and Ocean Water

I had this intensely awesome dream last night.  I was a member of the crew of Serenity and we were on a planet that had been ravaged by something strange.  It was unclear in the dream if it was humans, something similar to humans, or something completely unlike humans.  The more I think about it, I guess it was probably the Reavers, the horrifying and brutal sort-of humans from the show. We were on a planet looking for survivors.  Zoe and I are on a four wheeler, leading the group up a dusty hill, when suddenly a whole group of survivors comes bursting from the trees, also on four wheelers.  They're screaming and running and we can tell the Reavers are just behind them.  We turn around and follow them for a while, but for some reason I make a left turn.  We enter into a ravine that turns out to be lined with Reavers.  A trap!  Fortunately, we all have guns, and we break through.  At the end of the ravine is a house.  We go inside to find a bunch of people lying dead in their beds.  There are also a lot of children.  I walk into a dark room and turn on the light.  A little girl opens her eyes and gets out of bed.  I'm amazed to see her alive.  As I take her to the others I pass another room with 5 children, also alive.  When Zoe sees the girl she gets very sad.  She tells me that the children have all been exposed to something horrible, maybe a deadly virus, and that they will all die a horrible death.  She says the only way to help them is to shoot them all.  I don't want to.  I beg her to find a way to help them, but she says there is no other way.  I don't want the children to know, so I ask Zoe if I should "just give them the medicine" and she nods.  I walk back into the room with the children, and shoot them all.  There is no blood, no screaming.  One by one they simply disappear.

I actually woke up feeling pretty good about this dream, so I don't think it is to be taken literally.  I think these children represent some aspect of myself or my environment that I know I must get rid of, but am hesitant to.  I know now that action is the best!  

The dream was certainly the most exciting bit of my day.  I mostly sat around and read, and wrote various mini-baby-essays on things like "Should Dialects be Taught in Schools" in Dutch.  I also read more of my book.  

Then Vanessa and I went to the beach to play.  We were looking for some sort of Corona sponsored Wake Boarding Extravaganza, but it apparently doesn't exist.  The internet can lie, too.  Didn't matter, we had a great time.  Also the BEST DINNER EVER of goat cheese, pesto and tomato sauce and bread.  I could probably eat that every night!  Sigh, so tasty.

I am thrilled to live so close to the ocean.  There is just something so cleansing about the smell of salt.  My soul must be mostly made of water, because the feel of the waves and the roll of the sea just bring about calmness.  Any water has that effect on me, but the ocean magnifies it.  There's just nothing quite like warm sand and sunlight on water to soothe and enliven my soul.

Lolpod:  I was walking behind a beautiful woman along the boardwalk.  Long black hair, tiny waist, full round hips, creamy caramel skin.  A man walking in the opposite direction almost ran over 4 or 5 people because he could not stop staring at this woman.  He walked with his head turned, never slowing down, until she was lost in the crowd.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I good looking girl has that effect on us.

you should know! :P


-Jon