
Today was Koos' geocaching birthday! As of today he has been caching for one year. And he's found 742 of them so far! :-0 Here's how the day was celebrated:
It was super rainy and SUPER windy this morning so I'm pretty sure no one in Holland got out of bed before 2. I tried, and got up at 11, but bed was just so much warmer and so much more inviting than the day, that I didn't last long. (Though I did wake up at one point from the rain blowing through the slightly cracked window above the door!)
Fortunately, the weather finally decided to stop being such a jerk, and the sun came out. The wind persisted, but at least it was sunny. Koos and I went to De Catwalk for some celebratory coffee and cheesecake. He had a really tasty chocolate cappuccino, and I got a tiramisu coffee which was awesommmmme. Mmm. And cheesecake. :-)
We took a nice walk home (mostly because Koos' bike had a flat tire, but also because it was a very lovely day) and fixed Koos' bike and watched my Indian neighbors playing cricket on the lawn outside (using a balled up piece of paper and a book!)
Then, since it was, afterall, Koos' Caching B-day, we went... well... caching....
And it was an awesome one at that. We had to find certain bridges in this breathtakingly gorgeous park absolutely filled with bridges. Very green leafy park, with tons of be-lillypadded water, and completely crawling with macks (which is Amyese for 'ducks'.) Awesome cache. Nice bike ride too. Great night.
Happy Caching Birthday, Koos! Whoo! :-P

No comments:
Post a Comment