I have a new apartment! It's rather awesome, and I can keep it for at least a year, alhamdulillah! It's unfurnished, which is a bummer, and slightly far out, but otherwise, it's amazing. It's actually two rooms, one tiny tiny one, and one nice big one. The tiny one will soon become my meditation/ chill out room! I'm planning on filling it with cushions for relaxing, and setting up my mediation corner there. Nothing but scarves, incense, yoga mats and Buddha statues. Sigh. :-)
The big room is also pretty great. One wall is this nice burnt orange. There's a bay window with a thick sill. So maybe not exactly a window seat, but I can totally sit on it!
Still haven't met my housemates, but there are 5 cats that live in the courtyard behind the house, and a few ducks in a nearby canal. So, yeah, happy me!
In other news: been watching a rather entertaining show called True Blood. Vampires, but mostly not lame, and actually pretty gross. I was always slightly annoyed by how sexy it seemed to have your neck nibbled on by vampires, but True Blood makes it rather clear that, yes, being literally eaten by someone can be messy. Koos and I have also started watching the Sopranos. True Blood is set in Louisiana, and Sopranos in Jersey somewhere. And I've really been hit by the HUGE differences in dialect and culture! Man, stuff I knew, but never really considered!
Anyway, I hope to update more often in the future, but, meh, no promises. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment