For now I will focus on the present. Or at least today's past. I woke up this morning and met Brenda at the DAIK to work on our papers. I thought I'd just pop in, copy an article I needed and then head to the NVIC to collect other sources. No luck. Turns out the "article" I needed was actually an entire volume of the journal, and a HUGE one at that. So, Brenda and Quentin and I grabbed lunch, and set up shop at the NVIC. Got a lot of work done too.
Until Koos' cache got published. Koos hid a cache at the Cairo Opera House just before he left, and it was published today. I wanted to be the first to find it for a number of reasons, so Brenda and I headed out to grab it first. Problems began immediately. First of all: my GPS batteries died, so I was going it blind. Secondly: Koos hid the cache in a small flower pot behind some large potted plants. And the plants were gone. Fortunately, we were able to find the container where it had been discarded by whoever moved the plants (and took the log book and pen) so we were able to replace the log book and actually log the find. So, yay, my first First to Find! And what a great one! In Cairo, placed by Koos, with Dr. Pinda (that's Brenda.) :-)
Then back to work until the library closed. Then off to Brenda's for a very nice dinner, and working on my journal. And then Big Bang Theory. And Xena: Warrior Princess. But yes, work.
Tomorrow: more DAIK, more NVIC, and then: DANCING. :-D
After this week I'll be able to update the second half of Middle Egypt. It's just toooo cool to let slide. This week is dedicated to a paper about Middle Kingdom coffins and finishing my kashkoul (journal.) And DANCING!

No comments:
Post a Comment