Saturday, July 10, 2010

I Am A Trekkie

A few days ago, Justan and I watched the new Star Trek movie. Though I've never seen the original series, as a devout Trekkie, I know enough about it that the movie was awesome. (Despite Vulcan being destroyed and stuff. I mean, alternate histories are well and good as long as the weird time loop gets fixed. Cause, I've seen TNG and DS9, and so I know the future...) Ahem, anyway, Justan and I have decided that we must remedy the fact that I've never seen the Original Series, and he's never seen Deep Space 9. So, it's a summer of sci-fi for me.

Ideally, I'd like to watch every episode of Doctor Who, but that might have to wait (according to the Wikipedia page, there are approx. 769 episodes.... sigh.)

I downloaded an app for my (ridiculous) new phone that is a tricorder. I was just hoping for something to make Star Trek style blips and boops and stuff, but apparently this this actually does really cool stuff. Like measure the acoustics of a room, or altitude, or magnetic fields, or solar flares on the sun.... Seriously. Wild.

I also now have Worf or the Enterprise's computer telling me when I get a message. :-P

In other news: mom and I went back to the pool today. It tried to thunder and rain on us a little, but the sun kept coming back out. Later on, I sat on the front porch and watched it actually rain until it got dark. Then I watched Doctor Who. :-p

It's the little things, really, that make me smile most.

No comments: