Monday, August 9, 2010

Crazy Girl Does What She Wants

Wow, time flies when your life is completely out of control. Much has happened, my friends, much has happened. Today's picture is me at the library. All dressed up, looking good, to come stare at ancient texts and mutter to myself in dead languages. I call this picture "Crazy Girl Does What She Wants."

So, what has Crazy Girl been wanting to do? Why, go to the beach of course! Completely randomly! My mother has a friend who owns a condo down in Orange Beach, Alabama. The friend was heading down, but mother, alas, had jury duty, and didn't know if she could go. So, on a Monday, I was chilling in the Village with my buddy C-BHR, and mom calls to tell me that her guy plead guilty, so no trial, and whoo hoo, we can go to the beach. I assumed this meant we'd get up and go early the next day, since it was almost 2pm. But, no, she meant "Get home now, let's go to the beach!" So I did and we did! :-)

"Uh, wait," I hear you saying, "Wasn't there a little bit of a MASSIVE oil spill in the Gulf not too horribly long ago? That must have been miserable." Well, about that. Orange Beach has been sort of the showcase beach for the entire region. When Mr. Obama took a trip to the Gulf, Orange Beach was what he got to see. So, we were fortunate. There wasn't any oil to be seen at all until the last day we were there, and the little boats came around and cleaned it all up. We didn't spend much time in the water, just in case, but it was a very enjoyable trip.

And now I'm back, and trying to get my thesis figured out. So, my days are spent in the Brentwood library, reading and rereading, organizing and reorganizing. It's a bit frustrating, because I know I'm on the edge of the breakthrough I need to get it all written in like a day. But it's just not there yet. Grr. It will come, I suppose.

In other news, I've been doing a bit more creative writing, which feels amazing.

No comments: