This week's picture comes to you from the Wilson County fair. The duck pictured, for those of you who might not know, is my personal traveling companion, Rameses Mack.But there was plenty going on before the fair. Like, PUPPIES! Well, ok, really just the one. My buddy Justan's dog sired a littler of puppies, and Justan gets to keep one as a stud fee. On Tuesday we were supposed to bring her home for the first time to meet Achilles, the father yorkie. But, the owner wasn't home, so Justan and I started watching a show called V. It's a really great show, actually, about aliens who just show up above earth one day, promising peace. It's surprisingly good. Go watch it.
So, on Thursday, we actually managed to meet up with puppy, who Justan has named Danica. She is really rather painfully cute, very chill, mostly sleeps. Achilles sort of freaked out, and pretty much thinks of her as a new toy, but she was very relaxed. In fact, she curled up on my chest and fell asleep pretty much instantly, and only moved once when she got cold. And then she crawled under my hair! :-p
On Saturday, Brandi, Justan and Jake and I went to the Wilson County fair. It's one of the most popular fairs in Tennessee, and Jake and Justan apparently go every year. It was beautiful (ok, really hot) and sunny all day, but about 10 min after we arrived at the fair, the bottom opened up, and it POURED down rain. Major storm, boom boom, flash flash, soaking wet. It was actually extremely awesome. :-p We managed to get some food, and then stood under an awning and talked for an hour or so until the rain stopped. Or well, stopped enough for us to move around without falling over.
I got my palm read. The woman told me that I'm different from most people. She told me that I'm not the kind of person who likes to be bossed around. She told me I will not cry tears of sorrow, but will cry tears of joy. She said that many men want to be around me, but I only want to be around one man. She told me that I will marry only once, and will have 3 children (two boys, one girl.) :-P Pretty awesome life! :-D
Monday was yet another Farm Dinner Night chez Katie. There were 10 of us this time! (Katie, Justan, Will, Adam, Amy, Anne, Carl, Aaron, Greg (France) and Me.) And another awesome dinner. We had eggplant brushetta, fried potatoes (rosemary and olive oil), fried squash, a chili omelet, wild elk (killed by a local hunter) with pomegranate marinade, and homemade peach cobbler. SO good! Yum!
In thesis news: In the last week I had a major meltdown, and was determined that I would NEVER get anything done, and should probably just give up. Meltdown. And then I felt better.
Fast forward to today, and I'm rocking it out. There is just so much more work to be done before I can start writing. I was expecting to be able to write a ton already, and when I couldn't... see above meltdown. And now, I realize most of the work is the organizing. Pre-work. And I'm rocking it out. :-)
In other news: I got a bow! As in, bow and arrow. !!! I'm very pleased. It's a Bear Warrior 2 child's bow. I have to have a kid's bow because I'm too weak to pull a man's bow. :-P There was even a 9 year old boy there when I bought it who very helpfully pointed out that he has the same bow.... And Jake mentioned he had one when he was in cub scouts. Le sigh. I haven't been able to sight it in yet, because it's been too hot for my dad, and I don't know how to do it myself. The plan was to do it today, but it started raining (flooding, in fact.) Oh well.
Maybe next week. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment