Friday, November 20, 2009

ICK

A little proof that I'm still alive, if only barely. Wednesday night, I was attacked by the Ick. I went to sleep feeling fine, and then, boom, sickness and despair all night. I really wasn't sure I was going to make it. Haven't been that sick in a loooong time. Fortunately, Koos kept me well hydrated, and Kaz gave me medicine. When I was finally able to get to sleep, I just stayed there. I slept most of yesterday.

By the evening I was feeling better, so I joined the others at NVIC for a lecture about funerary cones which was interesting. Then Kaz and Koos and I joined the Belgians at a beautiful restaurant down the street for the Belgian embassy's monthly Beligian Night. I wish I could have stayed a bit longer, but my energy dropped rather unsurprisingly after a day of eating nothing but crackers. So, it was time to get home again.

Koos talked to his dad, who is a doctor, and he told me what to take, so I took some anti-bug medicine and fell asleep. Woke up today around 11 still feeling a bit ick, but able to go on. So now I'm at the NVIC, attempting to get some work done. Koos has gone off to the train station to buy a train ticket to Alexandria tomorrow. Tomorrow the group goes to check out Coptic Cairo, and Koos decided to run away. Not that any of us can blame him. The Coptic period just doesn't seem to fit into Ancient Egypt in our opinion. More later, when I've done more.

No comments: