Sunday, November 8, 2009

Museum Tour

Another early morning. Kaz, Sandra and I met up with a Dutch tour group at a very fancy hotel. Then we headed to the Egyptian museum, and had a very nice tour. Huup, the tour leader/Egyptologist, was great to listen to and knew his stuff. He has a few rather unorthodox ideas, but I'm always a fan of such things. And people.

The group was a lot of fun. I swear they knew more about this stuff than I do. Huup sent us off on a mission to find a particularly cool sarcophagus (with the sky goddess Nut carved into the inside of the lid, very cool) but I wasn't exactly in control. My group knew exactly where to go, and went, and did all the talking themselves. Cool.

Then lunch, and I came back home. Nap. Prepared for a little geocaching. We're going to Alexandria for the next three days (no internet) and there are a couple of caches there I'd like to pick up. :-)

So, until we meet again. Have a nice week. :-)

No comments: