Things have seemed pretty slow for me in the past months. My classes are going so much better it's painful. I've gone from being without a doubt the worst in the class to being one of the best. :-) We're reading the Tale of the Shipwrecked Sailor, and I can read much of it without looking up a single word. I'm so very pleased with myself. Coptic has gotten too difficult, but it has more to do with the time it takes me to look up words in the dictionary, and not the grammar itself.
My social life has gotten much more interesting. I'm going to try to update more often. I can feel words welling up inside of me again. Funny, I've felt silent since I got back to the Netherlands. Like the thoughts inside of me, surrounding me, took the sound from my throat; the words from my tongue. Now, I feel them tickling my lips again.
Friday I went to Game Night. Played Settlers of Catan with Sam (England), Alessandra (Italy) and Alberto (Italy.) I won, but only because I cheated. Afterwards, we went to De Kroeg for a beer, then to 't Keizertje for pool. I got to see my old buddies again. Kia, Jan, Annelies etc. Jan and I stayed at 't Keizertje until 4am. Saturday Alessandra and I went to the market. She's anew student, onlybeen here a month, and had never been to the best day ever. We had a pretty great time. Went to Einstein for coffee. I had dinner with Koos. He made an amazing Chinese dish, and we danced. Good tmes.
Today I worked on translating, and read my book. Met up with Koos, Kia, Alessandra, Cindy, Walter and Kia at Eazie for dinner. Afterwards, the boys, minus Kia, and I went to 't Keizertje and played pool, and made up our own pub games involving coasters and Leffe goblets.
I am constantly amazed with life. It always keeps me on my toes.
Apparently, I have a Zulu accent when I speak Afrikaans. This is possibly the best news...ever.

No comments:
Post a Comment