Ah, the past few days have been washed in sunlight. I've been around friends as much as possible too, and that has been nice. I've been sick, however, which hasn't been great.
Played pool on Thursday night with Jan, Walter, Cindy, Kia, Alessandra, Fabio, and Koos at Proost. I made 5 balls in on one of my turns, and everyone seemed impressed. Koos and I got caught in a fit of giggles that just wouldn't stop. :-p
Friday night Koos and I had planned on going to Game Night, but we ended up ordering pizza and watching Pushing Daisies instead.
On Saturday, Jan, Alessandra and her friend Migumi (Japan) went to a book festival in Utrecht. Migumi didn't speak English, but she did speak German. So, Jan and I spoke to her in German. Alessandra, however, didn't speak German, so she spoke to Jan and me in English, and Japanese to Migumi. And Jan and I spoke ancient historian to each other. ;-)
The book fair itself was great. Jan and I scoured just about every book in the place! We both came out with tons of books that ended up costing about 3 Euros each. Not bad at all in my opinion. Watch the Nook for some serious reviews in the coming weeks. :-) We were there for about 5 hours, I think, talking about books, and pouring over interesting titles. A little heaven for the two of us. Though fortunately for the both of us, the history section was mostly pop history, and not particularly scholarly. Meant we both got off easy.
Afterwards we sat in the sun and ate our lunch and chatted, and then found a cafe at the station and talked about our books. Not the ones we bought, the ones we're writing. :-) I can't wait to read Jan's work. We want to entwine our novels.
This morning was a long awaited bike ride to the beach. Jan and I have been planning this literally since the day we met. We wanted to ride to the beach on the eqinox to welcome the spring sun and usher in the new year. Unfortunately, I've been sick for the past few days, and it all came crashing down on me last night. I was half way awake, in a delirium all night thanks to a high fever. When I awoke at 5am, I was feeling better, but decided a ride into the cold, wet, windy darkness was not wise. Jan didn't go alone, of course, I think about 20 people accompanied him. Still, I was sad to miss the sunrise over the dunes.
I woke up again around 10 and read until 1. Then I decided an escape from the apartment was in order. Something feline in me wanted to wander. So I went to a cafe at the station, got an apple tart and some coffee and read some more. Had the wind been calmer, I might have wandered more, but sitting in the sunlight was catlike enough for me.
After an hour or so, however, I thnk my fever came back, and I plodded home for some serious napping. Serious. Koos popped in and hung out for a little while. Attempted to fix my poor broken Mac's internet. To no avail so far, but I think he sees a solution.
My Egyptian make up exam is tomorrow. Bleh.
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment