Monday, November 2, 2009

And We're Off

This is an uninspired entry. Today was Arabic and then the American University Rare Books Collection. I got to see a first edition of Description de l'Egypte. That means nothing to most people on this planet. Bon.

I did get to sample a local staple food today though. Koushari. And it is awesome. Rice, noodles, lentils, chickpeas, onions. There's a sauce you put on it, but I wasn't a fan. The dish is SO good. Seriously, just swap the onions for something green, broccoli or something, and you have a meal that is all sorts of healthy. Yuuuuuummmm. :-)

I then went home and slept for 2 and a half hours. We ate. I'm tired again. :-P

Tomorrow is another day, and our first excursion. An overnight trip to Ismailia. We'll be staying at the Crocodile Inn, and I won't have internet. So, no update tomorrow, though I'll be back to Cairo on Wednesday, inshallah.

2 comments:

Jenny Benny said...

When is that first edition from?

Amy Sun said...

1809!