Thursday, January 29, 2009

Almost There

Finding pictures online to put in my blog is too hard.  Takes forever to find what I'm looking for, and then it's always entirely too big.  Too much effort.  So I'll probably go back to boring pictures of myself.  Or nothing at all.

I had a pretty great dream that I went into a café in Leiden and found that my entire family was eating there AND Neil Gaiman was in the corner talking to his agent or publicist or something.  I played it cool, but soon my whole family was talking loudly and laughing and joking with everyone else in the tiny café, so Gaiman finally noticed us.  I managed to stick my elbow in my apple pie, and he gave me a $10 bill to buy a new piece.  I hugged him and thanked him for writing my favorite novel.  Haha, not much of a mysterious dream this time!  :-P

I woke up this morning early to get the key from Janos, who will be my interim flat mate.  I then spent the day, doing stuff.  I guess I got my stuff all packed and ready to go.  And I also almost got my paper finished.  I wrote about 500 words and was really struggling to write any more, so I thought, "I'll finish this sentence and then go to the library to write something fictional for a while."  And then I wrote 600 words, and just need to double check some footnotes and write a conclusion and I'm golden.  Funny how that works.

I sold my tv, and felt entirely too much pain at separating from it.  It's back to a tv-less existence for me.  It's funny how I survived for 5 years without watching more than a Discovery special on Egypt or a football game during the World Cup (ok, LOTS of football games) and suddenly I'm missing my Law and Order.  Oh well, I can write my own episodes if I need to!

So now, it's 9pm and I'm going to bed.  I'm going to read a little (The Graveyard Book, again), and I might just write a little bit.  I'm hoping to start up a re-telling of the story of Selene and Endymion from the perspective of an annoyed moon goddess who just wishes the stupid boy would wake up from his dreams of her and realize she was there.  :-P  (Ok, I admit that in most tellings of the story it was Selene who begged Zeus to bespell the kid so he wouldn't grow old.  But my version makes for more interesting emotion.)

No comments: