Saturday, January 17, 2009

Going Up!

I didn't get to sleep until entirely too late.  I still managed to get up, somehow. 

At one I met with Janos at the market, and we sat in a warm café and drank some coffee.  It wasn't all that cold outside, just drizzly, and wet, and cloudy, and windy.  The air was warm, but the wind cut through you painfully. We met up with a few of Janos' Romanian friends, and walked around the market for a while.  Janos tried to get his friends to try herring, but they weren't into it.

I tickled the feet of seagulls walking on the awning above my head, and people looked at me like I was nuts.  A good market day.

Afterwards I went to Coffee Star for the same old story.  Irene and Coptic.  Then we went to the grocery.  I made some curried veggies, but it was sort of gross.  The curry sauce was too peppery.  I think I'll add some more coconut milk, that should help.

I had the best dream last night.  I walked from an office and went to find an elevator.  There were 20-3o little statues of the laughing Buddha standing waiting on the elevator.  They were about ankle height, and all colors, some stone, some plastic, some wood, all laughing.  When the elevator door opened, I looked away.  Statues don't move, so I thought they probably couldn't get on the elevator while I was watching.  When I turned around, they were all on the elevator, looking at me expectantly.  I laughed, and got on the elevator, and thanked them for letting me ride along.  They just laughed their silent Buddha laughs, and the doors closed.

No comments: