Talking to Mike la Fille, and she sent me an mp3 of a song inspired by her, and it was like a gust of cool, clean air blowing over my hot, throbbing head. I remember inspiring a few artists, a painter once, a poet or two. But it's not really inspiring artists that I miss, it's the artists themselves, the life that flows through them. Just life flowing around, I guess. Light, life. I've become too focused.I spent the day in the sun spilling through the library windows. I didn't get anything accomplished. I went to Coffee Star and met with Irene, a masters student just back from Egypt, and we studied Coptic all day.
I meet with my faculty Friday. I think I'll have a decision then. For now, sleep. I'm tired. Just tired.
Lolpod: I forgot to mention the lolpod from a few days ago. Sure, I'm beset by stress, and dark winter on all sides, but I still laugh loudly and embarrass myself in public now and then! Walking to the library I noticed a bike propped up on its kick stand. This is Holland, that's not strange. What I found hilarious was, this bike was smack dab in the middle of the canal! The water is frozen solid, but you can't tell that just by looking. It looks like water, only very very still, not like ice at all. "That," I thought to myself, "Is Holland. A bike in the middle of a frozen canal." By the time I got back with my camera, the bike had fallen over. I got a picture anyway.
Today was pretty warm, and there was a vaguely bike-shaped hole in the ice. Which also made me laugh out loud. In public. Of the day.
Actual quote from my mom: "I think you deserve to call it a night if your converter stems are oozing out of your headache before the the expressed actions get a chance to catch up to the main verb." Oh, mothers and Coptic. :-D

No comments:
Post a Comment