Monday, March 8, 2010

Update about Updates

It's been over a month since last I posted. I've been hesitant to write because I feel my life is simply too dull these days. Here's what every entry for the past month would have looked like: "Sat in the library today and translated. Drank a lot of coffee. Listened to some cool podcasts about psychology. Translated some more. Ate food (almost certainly apples and peanut butter.) Went to class. Translated some more. Watched Buffy. Sleep."

I'm having a pretty good time with it, but it's frankly, rather dull. When learning ancient languages, most of your time is spent memorizing verb forms and prepositions, and so it's quite possible to spend HOURS and HOURS working on a text, and only end up with a couple of sentences sort of roughly more or less translated.

And yet, I feel that by not mentioning the various little things that happen in my day to day life, I'm letting a big part of my time in Holland go unrecorded. So, I've come up with a way to battle the boring entries. It mostly means I'm going to write really short entries explaining only the best (or worst, I guess) bits of my days. And I'm gonna do it haiku format as often as possible, just because it's much more fun that way. :-p

No comments: