Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday

Had a strange dream and woke myself up talking.  I was whispering something in a language I don't recognize and then I said "This is a strange night."  I was woken up by a flash of lightning followed almost immediately by the loudest and longest crash of thunder I've ever heard.

Wouldn't that make a great scene in a movie?

I went shopping today for a new skirt.  I don't really have anything that's appropriate for all the social events I have to do with ISN-R, so I got a new skirt today that is stylish but also professional.  I don't really have much professional gear.  Most of my nice clothes were my grandmother's (at least the ones I've held on to.  I had a major cleaning out of my closets before I left the states, and Goodwill got most of what I used to own.) which means they're not exactly modern business professional dress.  They're just oozing with personality.  :-)

I spent the rest of the day writing.  I worked in the Common Room.  Only Waseem (Jordan) and Julio (Mexico) stopped by, so I was alone most of the time.  I plugged my laptop to the speakers, jammed out and wrote.  Then I took a walk around night time Leiden and enjoyed the cool night air and the street lights on the canals.  I took some pretty cool photos too.  :-)  Then I came home, made dinner, and wrote some more.  Chatted and laughed with mom.  Wrote.  That's my day. :-) 

Enjoy the comic:

www.xkcd.com

No comments: