Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Hat is Blowing in the Wind

Mwahaha, crazy hat photo!  :-D

I'm tired.  I've been going non-stop since 8am today, and tomorrow doesn't look much different.  Lots of good stuff today though.  

Freaked out Janko (Netherlands) in Egyptian today by understanding what he said in Dutch and responding in the same.  He apparently didn't know I sort of know this language, and was really surprised.  :-)

Kaas' birthday was today, so after class we all ate apple pie and/or tiramisu in the koffie kamer (coffee room.) 

Finally remembered that I'm supposed to go to the Egyptian Inleiding (introduction) course.  It's beginner stuff, but it's perfect because he's using the linguistic vocab I need to learn.  Also, I've jumped in at the perfect time because all the super beginner stuff is over and we're into the stuff I've sort of forgotten now.  Excellent.  It's more class time (6hrs per week!) and a bit more homework, but I don't plan on taking the class for a grade, so it's just more study time, really.  

The teacher was about an hour late, but we'll forgive him: he just found out his wife is pregnant! 

Coptic just keeps getting more ridiculous.  Today we learned that the word for 'yes' is 'se'.  Much like the Spanish 'si'.  So, everyone laughed, and then for the REST of the class, everyone read every 's' in the text with a lisp!  "aeis" (behold) became "aesith."  Sopes (console) became "thopeth."  Kosmos --> "kothmoth".   Hahahahaha, these people are nuts!  Makes it all that much more interesting though!  :-)

I came home for an hour and ate a sandwich and made fried apples for my meeting.  The meeting took 4 hours, but we got LOTS of stuff done, and took a lot of stress off of me and a few others.  Life is good.

Tomorrow I have class from 9am straight through until 6:30pm.  Like, no breaks.  Not even a 15min overlap time.  Just straight through.  Oh well, c'est la vie.  I'm up to it.  :-)

Lolpod:  A woman had three dogs, one small, one medium, one large, all dressed in the same coat!

Moment of Zen:  Walking back from my meeting, I breathed in the frosty air, and enjoyed the cold on my skin.  There was a light fog in the air, and the canal was still as glass and reflected a starry sky and lit windows perfectly.  Everything is all right.  I feel it.  Even though I sometimes have to fight off negative emotions, I always win.  And I'll continue to win.

No comments: