Oh my friends, and oh foes, I allllllmost just stayed in bed this morning. Sooooo clloooooose. It was just so warm in bed, and there was a fine misting rain outside. And I was having some dream about...well, something that seemed much more real than reality. I don't remember it now, of course, but this morning it was real.I went to class and it was worth it. We read some pretty awesome texts about making offerings to the king, and having a heart made cool by these offerings. Good stuff. The professor also talked about his recent class reunion at West Point, so there were some cool stories there as well. About all the former military people who were now heading super elite forces, or working for the FBI, or, had the kind of faces that, as he put it "you only get after killing too many people." Actually, it sort of sounded like Gross Pointe Blank! (That's a movie where John Cusack is an assassin who goes back to his high school reunion and has to act natural, even though a counter-assassin is out to get him.) I told the professor, and he agreed.
I came home and worked on Coptic and Egyptian. We're onto a new text: the King as Sun priest. I only got the text today (problems with my Blackboard) and we're discussing it tomorrow! Ah well, it's not really that difficult, fortunately. Coptic was a lot of fun, as usual. I learned how to say "to forgive" in Coptic. It's 'ko evol' (the 'o' is like the one in "bowl" not "Vols") It literally means "to let go" and that's why I love it so.
The Dutch students in my Coptic class now speak Dutch to me! And they invited me to a birthday party on Halloween! :-D Whoo hoo, integration!
Speaking of which, ISN-I had their constitutional drink tonight. Whenever any student organization puts together a new board, they have a party. It was my first one, and I was a bit intimidated because there's a whole ceremony to it. There's a guy with a huge stick, and you write your group's name on a card and give it to him, and when he gets to your card, he'll bang his stick on the ground and announce you. Then you get to go up and congratulate the board, and give them a present. Very complicated, but the drinks are free. :-) I had a good time, and it was wonderful to get to hang out with my board a bit more. All we do really is plan ISN-R stuff. We don't do enough social stuff together.
That's my day. I feel like I've walked a hundred miles, lived a year or two since this morning. I feel like today lasted a long long time. This isn't a bad thing at all. I just look back on, say, my grocery shopping of today, and it seems like it was a week or more ago. Phew, time.
In other news: I found out my favorite professor lives in my building! We're neighbors!

No comments:
Post a Comment