Sunday, February 1, 2009

1.Feb.2009: New Start

Well, according to Those Who Know About This Sort of Thing, Mercury is back where it should be and the crisis of the retrograde is over. Don't we all feel better?

Mercury knows I do. I've started over here. I'm floating around, I suppose, and I really hope I get a new apartment soon. I hate the idea of sleeping on someone's couch. I don't like invading their space, and I don't like having no space to myself. I'm very much in need of my own little burrow, even if I only sleep there, I need somewhere to be alone. But still, even with this bit of my life in the air, I at least know what city I'll be in come March (inshallah.)

I woke up this morning to light streaming in the window! Light! My old apartment had black curtains and it always looked like it was about 5am in the room. Even when I left the curtains open, my room was in a weird corner of the building, and it still looked like it was about 8am all day. But not here! Sunlight and birds and the windmill(!) are all visible out the window. There's even a school next door, so on weekdays you can watch the children playing outside. A brand new month, a brand new feeling.

I'm craving spring though. Today the wind is out of control. I had serious trouble climbing the tiny little hills we have here because the wind was blowing against me. It was also spitting snow there for a while. I just have to be patient, of course. Spring will come in its time. Brr.

May the gods of New Beginnings smile upon me now. May the gods of Awesome Apartments hear my prayers. May the gods of Reasonably Mild Februaries also lend me an ear. And may the gods of Unsecured Wireless Networks hook me up. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sure you will find a nice place of your own and I will pray for it!
And I hope 1.Feb.2009 is a new start for all of us...
I am,too, in an urgent need for a change in my life.
I hope the gods hear me too!
:)