Monday, February 2, 2009

Groundhog Day!

I do not like being without internet.  :-(  It's not that I miss the surfing, I just miss being in contact with my family!  E-mail is just not the same as Skype!

Oh well!  Today I woke up to the sound of children laughing, so even being homeless isn't so bad!

Today is Groundhog Day!
This is one of the strangest, and cutest American traditions around.  I love people!  In Pennsylvania, they apparently had sunshine, which means 6 more weeks of winter.  Jammer.  Here in Holland, naturally we had NO sunshine, so we get an early spring!  :-D

Today has been great so far.  I found out I was one of only two people to pass the Coptic exam!  Phew!  They're offering extra classes (Coptic 1.5!) before the make-up exam.  And I'm going even though I don't have to re-take the exam, because I'll be starting Coptic 2 come March, and I'd like to be really prepared.  For Coptic 1.5 we get to read magical texts, which is much more fun than the usual Biblical texts!

I also started Egyptian again today.  I've been put back into the beginner class, which is pretty perfect.  I only have Egyptian (and Coptic 1.5 once a week) until March, so I have tons of time to study and knock 'em all dead!

Mostly I've been dreaming about writing.  The worlds I've created keep growing, and recently two of them grew together!  I love when that happens.  Turns out my two main characters, Reina and Janie, who are from completely different books, have met!  They know each other!  Cool!  :-D

I've also been listening to Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal.  I bought this to listen to on the plane to the Netherlands back in June. I listened to the first hour and was highly unimpressed.  It tried too hard, I thought, to be funny, and the jokes were dumb, and sort of obvious.  Last night I got bored, and decided to listen on.  And it gets so much better!  Absolutely hilarious!  Crazy stuff happening, miracles, Romans, angels, magic, demons, 8 Chinese concubines... it just doesn't stop!  :-)

No comments: