Wednesday, February 11, 2009

O Frabjous Day!

I have internet again! Whoo! Ah, such things have happened since last I wrote. I shall recap.

Saturday night I picked up the key to my new place, and went to a party. Carlos (Venezuela) and Denny (Macedonia) arrived at the same time, so I told them about my new place. Denny just started laughing. Apparently, he lived in the exact same apartment not too long ago, he was just in another room. So, naturally, he's the first person I tell!

The party itself was pretty great. International dinner party. Everyone was a little worried there wouldn't be enough food for the 40 or people who showed. But we all ate ourselves into oblivion. My favorite? Lithuanian Lazy Cake! :-) I also met someone who says they can teach me some Afrikaans, which is just plain amazing. There's a South African student about named Koos, and I've somehow managed to never meet him. Grace told me to find him because he's also a dancer. Interesting person.

Sunday we were all supposed to go for a bike ride to the sea. But...it snowed! Major fluffy flakes, and icy blowy flakes. A mess, all day. Janos and I had a pretty great day though. He made the most amazing lunch of fish and rice, with shrimp appetizers. We lounged around productively, Janos working on his calculations, me working on Coptic. Then we watched Batman: The Dark Knight. (SO much hype over this movie, but it's great!)

Monday I sat in class all day, and then sat at the computer a little more. At 7:30 I went to an Art of Living, breathing can save your life workshop. It was certainly a good time. Lots of reminders that life is what you make it, and some fun games and exercises.

On the way home I found a playing card in the street. This is not unusual for me; I find a lot of them (this is the 3rd in the last month!) But this one. I flipped it over to reveal: the joker. This would normally not have been so intense, except that I had watched Batman the NIGHT BEFORE! Fuh-Freaky. When I got home I showed Janos, and he almost jumped out of his chair! haha

Today I woke up thinking I might die. My head was just pounding. I suppose it was probably the weather, which was atrocious. A great day for sleeping, which is mostly what I did. Freezing rain, sleet, hail, wind + windows and walls between me and them + warm comfy bed + pain killers = naps. When I woke up I worked on my Egyptian, and tried to be productive. Finally, the rain stopped long enough for me to move my stuff over to my new place. And the sun came out just long enough to set in a rather impressive burst of reds and purples outside my HUGE windows! :-)

I went to Movie Night. The movie was 3 Irons, and it was pretty great. Intensely odd, but great. Afterwards I realized I only had 30 min to get to the store to buy dinner, so I fled. However, I left my wallet at Janos' so I had to make a detour. This basically meant that I didn't make it in time and had to go to one of night markets. Which means, as my celebretory first meal I had ramen, doritos and peach flavored water. I feel so young. :-)

No comments: