Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bike Paths

Today the walls of my room began to close in on me.  It was beautiful outside.  I too was beautiful, but sadly inside.  Something had to change!  :-D

So I jumped on my bike and started pedaling.  I had no plan aside from being outside at first.  And then I was hit with the desire to go to the beach.  Katwijk.  According to Keith, it's only about 30 min from here by bike.  So I set off, with a vague memory of Robert's GPS as my guide.

Apparently, I went the wrong way.  Well, not so much the incorrect way, as the longest possible way.  I mean, actually I went in the exact opposite way, and then went around in the longest way possible.  It would have gotten me there eventually, I suppose.  :-D

I never actually made it to the beach, but I had a great time biking around.  I suppose all in all I biked about 6 miles (10km) today!  I then came home and did some yoga. Go go athletic Amy!  

My ride was amazing though.  This country is just so beautiful.  I passed a field filled with cows, horses, and chickens, a huge canal reflecting the sky back at itself.  Huge and green and gorgeous land.  

I want to imprint this country on my heart.  I feel it's important because it is just so unlike its current landscape.  When I think of beautiful lands, my heart brings forth palm trees and shining blue water.  And sometimes the deep orange glow of the desert.  This place just seems so calm, so serene.  I understand now why Dutch painters are so famous.  There is something special about this land that I know I take with me when I go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Dear pretty Leila!
What a nice weblog you've got here! I enjoyed reading some of the posts and seeing these nice pictures of yours. You write clearly and I liked the way you depicted the countryside…
Why don't you put some photos of the nice places you saw or will probably see on your way? They must be amazing and I am now tempted to take a trip to this nice country sometime.
Enjoy your time and have fun.

P.S. Your blog's name is nice too…Butterfly time! Hmmm….so poetic.
:)

Amy Sun said...

Thanks Parinaz! I'm glad you enjoy my little internet home. :-)

Photos will happen. I just don't have a card reader for my camera yet, so the pictures are trapped where they were taken. They'll come though!