I bought an umbrella today. Also an emergency poncho. I've become too used to the beautiful weather, and I'm afraid another rainy morning would have sent me straight back to bed. :-)Today has been filled with Lolpods. So, I'm just going to post them. :-)
First of all, I passed a very large man on the street. Not fat, just big. A muscle-y, dude-ly, macho type. He was holding a teeeeny tiiiiny black puppy. And, to top it off, they were both making the exact same, I'm-too-cool-for-you face! :-D
Standing by the canal I watched a boat filled with happy people laughing and talking and drinking wine. On the back was another teeeeeny tiiiiiiny puppy, a chiuaua, who was observing the world like a king surveying his domain. I was just so shocked to see the dog, because he was so small, he was almost invisible at first, I just had to laugh out loud!
Later on I climbed the Burcht again (my favorite reading spot) to do my work and read more in my book. As I sat there reading, I noticed a boy, maybe 10 years old, slowly coming up the path. The paths that lead to the Burcht are spiraled, and there's another path that circles the building. I was sitting on the circular path, and the boy was making his way up the spiral path. Suddenly, I realized the boy was on a freakin unicycle! I watched him cycle up to the circular path, and watched him cycle right by me. I thought "That was certainly strange." I go back to my book. And his sister uni-cycles past.... The two of them continue to lap me on their unicycles as I read. Surreal.
My favorite lolpod was the flower guy. I was walking past a flower market, and admiring the flowers. They were gorgeous today. Particularly. All of the roses were this gorgeous dusky orange, or this vivid shining pink, and there were sunflowers everywhere. Gorgeous. So, I'm walking along, checking out the flowers, not paying attention, when all of a sudden there's a completely random man in front of me yelling at me in Dutch. "Aren't the flowers beautiful? Just look at how beautiful they are today, miss! Such beauty!" He wasn't trying to sell them to me, he was just a passer-by! I quickly mumbled my "Ja, heel mooi" (yes, very beautiful) and smiled at the man, and laughed as I continued on my way.

No comments:
Post a Comment