Friday, July 18, 2008

Blog: Now With More Amy!

I'm alive, my friends.  Sorry I haven't written.  There has been no time and little energy for this sort of thing.  I'll try, for my sake, to run quickly through an overview of what I've done this past week.  Details may not come.  This is not because I don't remember them.

Last Friday I went dancing with Yohann, Fabio and Katerina.  We went to a club just down the street called Mas y Mas.  Mucho dancing.
  A great time was had by all, but mostly by me and Fabio.  He LOVES to dance and isn't afraid to.  I was simply in a dancing mood, so I let go and jammed out.  This is not the usual thing to do in Europe.  Dancers, especially the girls, tend to be very shy about really letting go.  They're very conservative dancers in comparison to the bumping and grinding that goes on in American clubs.  While I'm no raunchy dancer,
 I was certainly more outgoing than Europe is generally used to.  Which meant I had a nice little audience which just added to my energy.  Unfortunately, most of my audience tried to dance up on me, so Fabio worked as a very nice shield.  We didn't get home until 2am.  

When I got to my room, Robert was standing outside the window!  Surprise!  :-D  I had known he was coming to visit, but I didn't expect him until Sunday night at the earliest.  I felt pretty horrible though since he had gotten in at midnight, and had thus spent two hours in the Dutch night alone.  At least it wasn't raining!

Saturday we went to the market with Vanessa,
 Susanne, and Susanne's boyfriend Dominic.  We wandered around the market all day, bought candy and sat in a coffee shop and chatted for a long time.  Such a great day.  Beautiful weather, and wonderfully fun people, with the hustle
 and bustle of the market.  My German very much confused Dominic; he knew I was American from Susanne, but couldn't hear it in my accent!  :-D  Afterwards, Robert and I went to this little Italian place down the street (called something like "Mama Mia" or "O Sole Mio" haha) and ate the most AMAZING pizza.  Ever.

Sunday I read further in De Spiderwick Chronicles and Robert worked
 on his Law homework.  I think.  I don't know, Sunday is sort of a blur now.  I do remember going to a Jack Johnson concert in Den Haag with Vanessa and her brother, Malte.  The tickets cost €40, but it was in a big public park, so we just sat down in a field behind the fences.  (This would have been perfect except there was a cricket game going on, and we almost got killed a few times.)  We could see the screens really well, and the sound was perfect.  There were maybe 50 people or so milling about, drinking wine and chilling out and Robert and I tried to teach Malte how to spin poi!  Hahaha.   Such a great concert too!  I rather dig Jack Johnson, but I tend to not be a huge fan of live performances.  But man, Jack sounds better live than he does on CD.  He also kept interacting with the audience and making fun of them.  Very good show.

Monday almost certainly happened.  That's about all I can say about that.

I shall continue this blog in a new entry, since blogger is extremely limited, and I can only seem to get two pictures per post.  

No comments: