Friday, July 4, 2008


I have friends!  I've only been here a short while, but I've met some really cool people.  

* Keith from England
* Rob from North Carolina 
*  Yohann from France
*  Caterina from Greece
*  Vanessa from Germany
*  Susanne from Germany
*  Andrea from Slovakia

Just the other night Yohann, Caterina and Rob and I went out to a cafe on the canal (literally, the cafe is on a boat on the canal) and then hung out in Caterina's room.  Keith and I regularly chill in our doorways (he's right across the hall) and talk about juggling and acting and Terry Pratchett.  My news friends are from my Dutch course.  They all speak German so we all speak German.   And I'm glad for that.  Tomorrow, Vanessa, Susanne and Andrea and I are meeting up in Den Haag (Andrea and Vanessa both live there; it's only 10min by train.)  We don't know what we're doing.  It depends on the weather.  The beach has been mentioned!  

Today was beautiful.  The girls and I sat outside during our lunch break and talked and watched boats float by on the canal.  After class Susanne and I rode our bikes home together (she lives pretty close to me.)  I took a quick nap which lasted almost 2 hours.  Then I sat on my favorite hill and read.  And then I made some food and read some more.  Life is life, what can I say?  I can't complain!

No comments: