Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My brain is frijd.  Ik kan nu geen Nederlands, geen Duits, en geen Engels meer praten.  Ich hab alles vergessen.  Alles geht durcheinander.  Even English is difficult for me now.  Wij hebben so veel Nederlands geleert!  So much Dutch!  I spent 6 hours doing Dutch homework yesterday, and 5 and a half today.  Add that to my 3 hour class in the morning, and I've got a full time job!  I LOVE IT!  It does hurt though.  And I really can't speak German anymore.  It just sort of turns into Dutch.  

Yesterday I bought a writing book for children.  It's cute little writing and spelling exercises for 7-8 year olds.  Perfect!  I also bought The Spiderwick Chronicles (sorry, De Spiderwick Chronicles) in Dutch.  Spiderwick Chronicles (SP) is a series of children's books about boggarts, and fairies and other such magical things.  It's cute, and I really like the story, but the book is written on a 3rd or 4th grade level.  They made it into a movie.  They made the movie back into a book.  And I bought it.  I'm not sure I'm quite on a 4th grade reading level, but I'm doing ok.  I can understand the story, anyway.  Yay context clues!  :-D

Today I bought saddle bags for my bike and the cutest bell EVER. 
<----- OMG!
I don't remember what these are called in English... Marienkäfer in German.  And lieveheersbeetje in Dutch.  Which I can somehow remember.  Just not ladybug.  Gah.  

Ik ga slapen.  Ich geh schlafen.  I'm going to sleep.

No comments: