Despite that, today has been one of the more productive days I've had all week! At least it seemed so. I got up at 10 so I could look at another apartment in this building. University housing wants me to stay in my box until February, so I asked the people who run the building itself if they had anything to offer. And they did. And it's great! The room itself is literally twice as big as this one, AND it has a balcony which is (literally) more than half the size of my current room! I told them I'd accept the offer, so come August I'll have a new, bigger, balconier room. :-) My mother doubted me. Housing is REALLY hard to find here, they all told me. HA! Alhamdulillah, I'm good at this sort of thing!
After finally waking up, I felt a bit better and bought a chain for my bike. So Roxanna now lives outside my window. I also decided it was time to go for a ride, so I biked through Leiden for a long long time. The weather today was perfect (nearly 80ºF, 26ºC) and I didn't die. I realize I often think I'm much worse at things (like cooking and riding bikes) than I turn out to be in the end. Trust in myself. Something I didn't really think I'd have to cultivate. But looks like I really need to work on it in some areas (not just cooking and fietsen.)
I've been sitting in my window, wearing a bathrobe of sorts, reading Isherwood talk about Hinduism. My tummy is much happier, though still not entirely sure of itself. It's almost 9:30pm and the stupid sun doesn't realize it should go down, so it really looks like it's about 7pm. Which is confusing.
I want to go back to the sea. I miss Robert.

No comments:
Post a Comment