Wednesday, August 20, 2008

But I kinda like the music

My days are getting longer and longer, but going by more quickly.  Does that make sense?  I don't understand how it's already midnight, but this morning seems like years ago.  This is not a complaint.  I've just been too caught up in the moment to notice time properly.

I had an amazingly strange dream last night.  In the dream I was a super hero mermaid.  That's right, a super hero mermaid.  I was in Hong Kong and I was in a swimming pool talking to some guy in swimming goggles (in the dream I had no clue who he was, but he was almost certainly inspired by Michael Phelps since you can't go anywhere without seeing the boy's picture) about how I had swum all the way to Hong Kong, and how nice the oceans are.  There was a train track over our heads (like in Chicago where the commuter trains are raised) and it suddenly derailed and came hurtling toward the pool.  Everyone was going to die, and I knew I had to act.  So I flew up and caught it, and set it down gently.  The culprit turned out to be a huge dinosaur (actually, Reptar from Rugrats...) and we battled.  His powers of telekinesis were much stronger than mine, but in the end I won.  

The dream continued on to be very intense. Or maybe it was another dream.  I was in Nashville, and there was a war.  I knew it was coming, and I knew all the buildings would be destroyed, so I walked around and touched them all, trying to remember them.  Then men with machine guns came and started killing everyone.  Then I was at a prisoner of war camp.  I was in charge of taking the prisoner's their food (meat and potatoes.)  All the prisoner's were my friends, and they begged me to bring them lettuce, and they begged me to set them free.  All I could do was cry and give them potatoes.  The worst was Daniel Sword.  He was tied up and could barely lift his head, but he whispered to me that a revolt was coming.  So I became a messenger between the prisoners so they could plan their revolt.  And then it was past, and they were all free, and I was floating in a calm and cool pool of dark water, surrounded by floating candles.

The rest of my day has been sort of a blur.  I chatted with a few friends and family on Skype, and then I read and watched videos on Ted.com.  I also looked at Sinfest comics, and watched Doctor Who.  Vanessa and I met up for dinner, and I managed to eat an entire pizza!  

Today I also found out that my classes don't actually begin until the 8th of September.  That means I have an extra week to play!  And that means...I'm going to Spain.  Berni is about to start his study abroad there, and he and Robert are driving down at the end of next week.  And I'm going to join them!  I still have to double check with my department to make sure there's nothing I have to do in that week, but I've decided that there isn't.  Cause I want to go to Spain!

Dear Universe, 

If you need me, I'll be in Spain.

All my love,
--Amy

No comments: