Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tired

I need to listen to myself more often.  I'm a very powerful person.  I tend to change my own world with very little effort.  If things aren't going the way I want them to, I change them.  If I'm feeling sad, or down, I just stop feeling that way, and feel happy.  Or at least calm, content.  Angry?  I let the feeling wash over me, and then let it fall away.  I just don't see the point in not enjoying life.  Sure, happiness is fleeting, but so is pain.  So why not choose happiness over pain?  I don't brush pain off.  I try to learn from it.  Emotions are there to guide you, but you can't let them rule you.

Why is it then that I so often let stress take over?  Of all things!  I need to listen to myself more often.

Today has been good.  I'm not feeling very poetic tonight.  Mostly just sleepy.  
I'm sitting in my black comfy chair, and it's raining outside my window, and I'm just plain sleepy.  Happy, content.  The stress has resolved itself, as it always always does when I take action.  I knew it would.  I just have to listen!  I have a lot going on in my mind.  Most of it very good and interesting, some of it not yet fully thought out.  There are negative emotions bumping around in there too, (anger and fear) and I'm trying to learn from them, so I can send them on their way. 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So good that you are listening more!
Keep doing this;
You'll hear the unbelievable traces of life...

Have a wonderful day ahead of you!