Saturday, September 27, 2008

26th September -- Late Update

I didn't manage to update yesterday, so I thought I'd toss in a quick one here.

The weather yesterday was breathtakingly beautiful.  I didn't even need a jacket!  Sunny!  :-D  Perfect. 

I got a meditation cushion and a tea pot.  A coffee pot too!  And lots of tea.  Including lapsang souchon, Tyler.  ;-)

I thought I was working the Common Room, but it was ISN-I's week, so I talked with Marijn (the ISN-I guy working) and translated for a while.  

I went to Game Night, and was thrilled to see I knew at least half the people there already.  I watched them play poker and Monopoly, and Spoons.  Then Illaria and Sylvia (Italy) stopped in, and Julia came over and the three of us talked about love, life, etc.  :-)  

Then we went salsa dancing at a club near the station.  Julio and Miguel were there, so we danced and danced.  Also met a Hungarian guy named Janosh, and we danced and danced.  It was a pretty great evening.  :-)  Though the social dance culture here, or maybe just with Salsa, is much much different from Lindy Hop culture.  

Then I headed to the Herengracht (the other international student house) for a debate party.  The presidential debate started around 3am here.  Bleh.  But someone organized a pretty rockin party in the common room of Herengracht with lots of food and lots of people.  Good times, good times.

I then came home and collapsed in bed, exhausted.  Always a good end to a day.  :-)

No comments: