Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Another Day

Apparently, I'm getting used to the Erasumus life.  Even though I didn't get t0 bed until almost 2 and had to wake up at 8am I'm not all that tired.  :-)  

Class turned out to be not as bad as feared.  Apparently, I was only supposed to have translated about 1/6 of what I thought had to, so it wasn't so bad.  The prof is also going really easy on me and the Portuguese student, Andre.  

Andre has a room in his apartment that will be free in December, and he wants me to move in.  It's super close to the faculty, and directly behind the Egyptian museum...plus it would be cool to have another Egyptian student in house.  Hmm, I suppose we'll see.

I spent much of the day printing and organizing and translating and reading texts, Egyptian and otherwise.  I took a nap in the common room before it opened.  I met with my Egyptian professor shortly to discuss grammar.  Dr. Hays, Andre and I will be meeting pretty regularly for the next little while to catch up on Egyptian.  We're going to translate The Tale of the Shipwrecked Sailor together.  :-)  I'm looking forward to it, though it will be difficult.

Julia came over tonight and we made some tasty curried veggies, watched a show about tiiiiny chameleons in Madagascar, and then talked and talked about life and politics, and whatever falls in between.  She's so great.  I also met two Greek girls who live on my floor (I've already forgotten their names!) who said they are planning to have a hall party sometime soon.  Awesome.  I never really see my neighbors, Laura and Matteo, anymore.  They're too busy being popular.  I swear, everytime I go to add a friend on Facebook, they're already friends with Laura and Matteo!  :-D

Lolpod:  I was coming out of the grocery store, and three girls rode by on their bikes.  Dressed like cows. Complete with masks.  I love this country.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like ou to keep me posted on this shipwrecked sailor's tale, if you would be so sweet.