Well, I didn't do a diary-style update yesterday. It was a good day though. If you read my post from yesterday you will see I had something of a breakthrough. It brought me so much peace, and a renewed sense of purpose. :-)The day itself: Class, then meeting with the prof, which went really well. Then lunch, and mucho work in the computer labs and such. The weather was absolutely perfect. Possibly the most beautiful day here so far. So I took a few pictures of the Rapenburg canal and enjoyed as much of the day as I could. I parked my bike and walked around the city. I ran into Helen (Scotland) and we chatted in the streets for quite a while. I had coffee with Julia. Then I had the ISN-R board meeting. Afterwards I hung out with Yohann and a friend of his from France who is here in Leiden to get a job.
Today was considerably slower, but still good. The entire day was dedicated to organization. I have a lot of work to do for ISN-R and nothing was together. So I headed to the Common Room before it opened and worked. When the CR did open, I kept on working, though I also got to meet some new people. Tonight was the game night, so at seven people started coming in. Julia was one of the first. And Vincent! Vincent is one of my, oh, 3? 4? actual Dutch friends. I met him in Wushu, but apparently he's also on the Common Room committee! So it was good to hang out with him outside of Wushu, where we could actually talk. I also met Judy who lives in my building. Her parents are from Sri Lanka, but she was born and grew up in Italy. She and I are meeting up tomorrow to check out the market because she hasn't been yet.
The game night was a lot of fun. There were a lot more people there than I had anticipated. My group played Monopoly. Vincent was pretty vicious, and when Simon (Slovenia) showed up, there was war. Judy very calmly and quietly beat us all though. :-D There was also Kia (Iran) who studies math and showed up to the game night because he is interested in studying the probabilities in poker and other games! Note to self....
In other news: I have started a new blog! Check it out at 20somethingzen.blogspot.com. :-)

1 comment:
I loved your game night pictures, especially the cut-throat Monopoly game. Yay, international student game night! Check out my fall poll, mmkay?
Post a Comment