Wednesday, September 10, 2008

When the Student is Ready

Today was absolutely gorgeous.  The sun shone ALL DAY.  Not a cloud in the sky.  All Day!  Gorgeous!  Julia and I sat in the café in the courtyard of our building and talked for a long time.  She's so great!  I'm glad the Universe brought her to me.  :-)

After hanging with Julia for a while, I went to the ISN Common Room to answer e-mails.  I met Fei, the Treasurer of the ISN board and we hung out for a while.  Then some international kids wandered in.  Helen from Scottland, Miguel from Mexico.  And a Spanish guy whose name I simply cannot pronounce but is spelled Joanjo.  We had a great time chatting, talking about how weird Holland is, and trying to figure out what Joanjo wanted to say.  His English isn't great, but he's determined to learn, so he just keeps talking.  Of course, he immediately went from "So what do you study" to "So who will win the election!"  Haha, love it.  After ISN closed, Joanjo and I went to the Plexus building for some coffee and chatted some more about life in Holland.  Turns out he lives in my building.  I think I'll meet up with him, and possibly Julia and Vanessa, maybe Susanne, Yohann, who knows, and go to International Night at Café Einstein.  I think working in the Common Room is going to be the most rewarding thing I do in the Netherlands!  I can't wait!

I went to Wushu afterwards, and it felt amazing.  I just can't get over how concentrated I get during Wushu, and how focused I can be.  :-)  Afterwards, I had a very Zen Kung-Fu movie moment.  There was an older Chinese woman watching the class and helping out, giving suggestions.  A real Wushu master.  After class, I was standing outside alone waiting for the rain to stop and she came up to me and said "I was watching you in class.  You're very flexible.  You must come to my Tai Chi class."  I nodded and then she left.  So, I feel like I totally have to go to her Tai Chi class.  :-)  When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.  

The rain didn't stop, and in fact, it only got harder, so I just rode out into it.  I've decided that there must be something growing in my soul that needs a lot of water.  It ended up feeling great, and I got home refreshed and feeling good.

No comments: