I woke up this morning determined to find chocolate croissants. I searched through the bakeries and grocery stores of Leiden, to no avail. Truthfully, the chocolate croissants were just a good excuse to get out of my apartment to explore my city a bit more. When I lived in Berlin it was my Sunday ritual to just walk aimlessly around. I usually got lost, which is really the best way to spend a Sunday. Wandering with no goal other than to get lost is a nice way of clearing your head.I came home and finally got to meet my new neighbor. Her name is Laura. She's from Italy. She studies Chinese language and culture. She's here for one semester and then she's going to China to study! Quite an interesting girl! We went shopping (she needed toothpaste) and we chatted quite a bit. :-) I also met David, from Spain. Unfortunately, he's leaving soon. But he's super friendly, and told me to come by his apartment if I needed electricity for anything. Haha. Everyone is so friendly here!
Laura told me all about the fitness center here, and told me how to sign up and gave me a class schedule. I could totally take pole "fitness" classes. ... I'm not going to; I don't know how I'd explain it to my mom. But, yes, "pole fitness" is offered. Instead I'm going to take.....Wushu. I'd never heard of it, so I looked it up. And found this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVDPoyVuZZg Wushu is totally Kung-Fu! I'm taking Kung-Fu! Hahaha! I had been looking at taking Capoeira again, but they don't have classes. So I thought another martial art would be nice. So why not Kung Freaking Fu?! My parents have already started calling me Panda... I start tomorrow! Aiieee!
I'm also planning on taking their Salsa classes. My dad warned me not to get the two mixed up or no one would dance with me! Haha, the man is nuts! :-)
There was a partial lunar eclipse here last night. Unfortunately, it was cloudy. The news said the peak would be at 11:10pm. Lo and behold, at 11:00pm the clouds broke just where the moon was riding, and I got to see it after all! :-D

4 comments:
did you know croissants were invented by a Viennese baker to celebrate the defeat of the Muslim invaders in ....(insert historical fact here). the idea is to devour the defeate crescent moon of islam. delicious!
Wow! you know what? For some moments, reading your post, I got jealous of your free life and schedules! And it seems like you have been in many different countries so far!
Well, someday in past, I would die for such a free life! but now, my roots seem to be stuck and my soul wants to slow down...
Enjoy your time Leila jan;
Have fun!
Oh dear, Halel, that's a rather disturbing thought. But, please, rest assured that chocolate croissants here are rectangular and not crescent shaped! :-)
Ah, Parinaz! My life has been truly a blessed one, that's true! I do love the freedom I have, and the beautiful countries I've seen. And I hope I'm not finished yet! There are still places many places that my soul longs for!
But I do know that deep down my soul also longs for roots and the joy of standing still. That will come when it must and I'll enjoy that life too!
Hope you are having fun too! Standing still doesn't mean life stops! :-D
Post a Comment