Thursday, April 23, 2009

Buscapades and Smoking Souls

Somehow it's that Wednesday/Thursday midnight divide again. How does time fly so fast? What have I been doing?

Monday, I had class at 3pm, and before and after that I have no memory of anything. I suppose I might have laid out in the sun on Koos' balcony, or...something? I don't know anymore.

Tuesday was quite an interesting day. Koos and I decided we wanted to see the tulips before they all vanished, but that we didn't want to go to the 15 Euro touristy place to do it. So we hopped a bus that circles the fields, in the hopes of seeing some tulips. And boy did we ever. This entire region seems to bloom in the spring. And not just red, all colors setting the fields on fire in little strips. Breath taking, truly.

We estimated that the trip would take about an hour, maybe an hour and a half. However, there was traffic. The queen was in town, which may or may not have added to the mayhem, but the fact remains that our hour tulip trek turned into a four hour adventure! I was quite content to point to things on the side of the road and ask Koos how to say them in Afrikaans, and he was quite content to tell me, so really, it turned into a great day!

And when the bus arrived at its end station, four hours later, we were literally only one train stop away from home!

Today has been a day. I woke up early and got some Egyptian done, but then I had art history class. I went, and realized that ancient Egyptian art, to me, is wonderously beautiful, and that this beauty, for me, is largely destroyed when the teacher tells us we have to pay careful attention to the angle of the eyebrows. For dating purposes. Gah. Who cares? I mean, I suppose plenty of people care, and that's great, but... eyebrow angles? I just can't see the forrest because of all these dang trees!

So, I'm currently in the midst of yet another crisis. Or well, the same one. It's all the same one. I realized today I'm probably getting close to the tail end of this particular crisis, because I can taste the solution. That little fire in my soul that made me say "THIS is what I must pursue" is just plain gone. I fully admit it now. I'm lost and floating, but at least the sun is shining. I know this little spark will come back. Maybe I just need to let things dry up so that when the Big U sends that inevitable bolt of lightning, my soul will be ready to go up in flames.

I did yoga again for the first time in too long. I'm slowly letting go of things I never thought I'd even loosen my grip on. And, yes, I think I might just be getting a tan.

When stress seems like it might become too much, I just imagine the waves, bright blue ones, breaking onto the sands.

No comments: