Life is good, man. I left class on Thursday convinced once again that I could do it! That I could pass these seemingly impossible exams, and learn Egyptian. Of course I can!
Thursday night's salsa lesson got a bit out of hand. The 45 min lesson has turned into a two hour jam session, and the teacher has kidnapped me as his personal assistant. I think everyone thinks that this is my first dance lesson ever and that I'm just a freakin dance genius. No one, including the teacher, seems to understand that I've been dancing since I was 3, and have been learning and teaching partnership dance for almost 7 years. But no one thinks of this, so when the teacher starts leading me in pretty complicated movements and I manage to follow it, everyone is amazed. In fact, he grabbed me at some point and we danced an entire song, just the two of us, basically performing. Talk about terrifying!
Of course, the natural performer in me is thrilled! ;-)
Friday, Koos and I went geocaching in Amsterdam. We spent most of the time at the station searching for clues, but we did wander through the famous bit of the city. The parts that smell distinctly green and feature women in windows. The best part was a man dancing and smiling with a staff topped with a light bulb, and a man walking resolutely down the street with a pot of purple flowers balanced expertly on his head. This is what I miss about big cities: the "crazy" people. I love the people most people consider to be crazy.
We also dropped my Mac at the Mac store. Apparently it needs a new hard drive AND a new mother board. Awesome. Though, I still have Apple Care, so it's free. Still, I'm Macless for a few days. We also sat in the warm sun and drank coffee and ate tasty sandwiches and watched the mad world fly by.
Amsterdam (by day) isn't as bad as I had feared.
Saturday Koos was gone off geocaching somewhere, so I went shopping. Market day was sunny, so I HAD to be out amongst em. I didn't buy too much stuff, just some mushrooms and some poffertjes (pancake) mix. However, I did buy a grill to use on Koos' rooftop terrace! :-D Too bad they didn't have any cheap portobellos this week at market! :-P
Today has been a bit rough on me. I was just sort of sad all day, for no real reason. But, in the end, I managed to get my Egyptian translated with very little trouble, and I feel tons better about it all. Koos and I chatted with my folks for a while too (on the terrace) and that tends to put me in a good mood.
And tomorrow is another day.
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment