Ach, what a day! I spent much of it on Koos' roof terrace, soaking in the warm sunshine that Dutch spring is offering me and trying to finish up my Dutch book. I went to class, and though it was a touch boring, I enjoyed my ride there. I have another flat tire, so I took the bus, and chatted with an Indonesian friend of mine.
I came back and climbed onto the terrace again. Koos was off in Den Haag, voting (today was the absentee voting day for the SA presidential elections) but the sun was calling to me.
I was lying there in the sun when I noticed a guy standing on the steps, taking pictures of the city. I told him to climb on over and join me, so he did. His name is Colin and he's an American (New Yorker) studying political science. We sat and talked for a while, and discovered that we're actually neighbors! Small world! He went back to his apartment for some refreshment, and we drank whiskey and coke, and fed the ducks bread from the roof, and talked politics, and watched the sun set over the dunes and the lights of Den Haag grow brighter.
Koos came back and the three of us chatted a bit, and then Colin left and Koos and I chatted with his (Koos') sister on Skype. I'm getting to where I can allllmost understand Afrikaans most of the time, but every time she talked to me, I froze. :-P Oh well, she seems nice, and is definitely cute. :-)
Now I'm reading my book (only 2 chapters to go!!) and contemplating the world. Mostly, my world. See next entry.
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment