The wind is blowing outside. Rain. I didn't even light my candles tonight. No need. The rooibos tea is keeping me warm. And my wool sweater. Maybe daydreams about the Egyptian sun are helping. I had my Ptolemaic exam today. I knew the moment I looked at the text that I would pass. It's nice when your goal suddenly changes from merely passing to being the best in the class. :-) I'm still not sure if I reached that goal (those verbs forms always give me troubles) but I definitely passed. Grades to follow, but the professor himself said I had nothing to worry about. :-)
And so, I am relaxing. I spent a few hours at the library today, reading Dune. It's a book I've always wanted to read, but I've never been able to find it at a bookstore. They almost always have books from the Dune series, but I've never seen the first book on sale. Not that I've searched very hard, but hard enough to notice it's never around.
I did a little shopping. Got a travel journal, a slip to wear under a sorta see-through dress. Tomorrow I plan to do a bit more. Get a flashlight for the tombs, sun glasses so I don't get blinded by Egypt's glory, that sort of thing. :-)
And now here I sit, warm and cozy for once, drinking rooibos, and inhaling lavender scented steam. Also reading a John Grisham novel, which is something I've never done. Tonight is a night of letting go.
Really, the coming days are a time of letting go. The time has come to let go of this dark, rainy person I almost let myself become. Time to let go of the stress I've piled upon myself. I have not failed, and I have not frozen. I'm warm, and ahhh, I'll soon see the sun again!
Cairo: 6 days. Koos: 32 days.

No comments:
Post a Comment