Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sunday and Monday

Sundays are tough in this little town, because everything closes. I have to make sure I have the food I need on Saturday, and I tend to forget. :-P

Sunday didn't contain a lot of movement for me. I packed my bag for Egypt, made notes of what I needed. I talked to Koos on Skype. He was trapped in an airport in Durban, waiting. And waiting. I tried to make his wait a little more interesting. :-)

I had dinner with Jennifer and Sören, and as always is was wonderful. I'm really going to miss them a lot. They might not be around when I get back in February, and either way they'll be gone by March. Off to Edinburgh, or Ghent, or even Knoxville TN. Who knows? They certainly don't. Jennifer has been a great friend, and I don't want her to leave. Maybe our paths will cross again someday.

Monday. I finally bought sunglasses. That's why I'm a bug in the picture for Monday. Ran around a little bit to pick up the last minute things, and then settled in to a day of cleaning my apartment, and getting everything organized. See why I didn't update? :-P

I did my daily yoga just before bed and it knocked me out. I was just fuzzy and tingly and so deliciously tired. So I fell right to sleep. Out. And had very strange dreams.

I was on a motorcycle whose front tire was flat, and the whole thing kept almost falling over. My mom was with me and we stopped by a river to fix it. There was a huge party on the river, all veiled women in beautiful colors. Then they were gone, and there was a house by the river, and my family was there, trying to sleep. And beyond that, it's too crazy, too dreamlike to write down. :-)

Another day has dawned (given, it dawned QUITE a while ago...) so I'm off into the world. The sun, you see, is shining. :-)

No comments: