Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Last Day in Leiden

Last day in Leiden. For now anyway. I woke up and reshuffled the stuff in my suitcase. I went to Coffee Star and finished reading Signed Mata Hari. Good story, though a bit sad. Uplifting too, naturally. The best stories are.

Cindy (Indonesia) stopped by and had coffee with me and we chatted for a while. She even brought me a going away sarong, which was perfect, and she couldn't have known how perfect. One of my favorite bits of Signed, Mata Hari was when she was in Indonesia and wore sarongs everywhere even though her stupid jerk Dutch husband thought she was crazy to do so. And then Cindy brought be a beautiful, pink and blue and yellow sarong! :-D

Then I came home and reshuffled all my stuff again. Haha. I'm not quite at the weight limit, but I'd like to keep it well below so I can bring home fun skirts and scarves and things! :-) I'm still closer than I'd like to be, but I'll just have to deal.

So, now I just go to bed. And when I next lay down in my bed, it will be an Egyptian bed far away. And warm. :-)

I want to say words that flame as I say them
But I keep quiet
And don't try to fit both worlds in one mouthful.

I keep secret in myself an Egypt that doesn't exist.
Is this good or bad?
I don't know.

No comments: