Thursday, October 15, 2009

Eggo is Geen Antwoord

I keep letting this get away from me. Truth be told, I never feel like writing down the boring details of my day. I wake up, I sometimes go to Coffee Star, sometimes I stay home but either way, I translate. I come home, I watch Star Trek or NCIS, and I try to keep from freaking out entirely. Mostly it works. :-)

For my birthday mom sent me to get a massage. My shoulders have been killing me for years now thanks to my wonderful study habits. No sarcasm there: I sit for hours working diligently, and my shoulders suffer. Since then, I've changed my habits. First of all, I only work a certain number of hours. I tend to feel like I should be studying every waking moment, which of course is just asking for a burn out. So I downloaded a meditation timer, and put in the number of hours I want to to work. Every 30 min a bell will ring, and I take a break. I stand and I stretch and I walk around. When my time is up another bell will ring, and I'm done for the day.

Once my day is done, I do 20 min of yoga (Yogamazing.com.) And I listen to podcasts. Or I read. I've downloaded some pretty cool podcasts, like MIT's Intro to Psychology course, and Coaching the Life Coach. I light a bunch of candles (which also double as heat since mine doesn't seem to work) and chat with Koos. Life is good.

So. In one week. Cairo. Though it's not sunk in yet, and won't until I get my next exam out of the way. Talk about being freaked out. We get 1 hour to translate a text and then we talk about it for another hour. So far, it takes me 4-7 hours to translate a text! :-S But I'm no worse off than any of the others in the class, so I'm not too horribly worried. I'm just tired of failing every exam I take.

Ah, but in 7 days from today I will be submerged in sunlight and heat. If everything else falls apart, and I fail everything I put my hand to in Egypt, I will be warm and dry. Something in me must have needed a dark wet place to grow, but the rest of me is crying out for heat and light! Alhamdulillah, 7 days!! (Inshallah! :-p)

And, in 33 days: Koos comes to Cairo. :-D

Evil is boring. The Universe is friendly. Life is on my side. Joy is my birthright. Cynicism is idiotic. Fear is a bad habit. Despair is lazy. In fact, all of creation wants me to succeed!

(www.freewillastrology.com

2 comments:

jc said...

yay for bringing back daily photos!

maybe it's just the inner photo geek but I really like that part.

like your mom said once, if you look at a duck you think he is just gliding along but you never see him kicking along.

Amy Sun said...

I'm trying to bring back the daily aspect. Now that my life should be getting a lot more interesting, I think I'll be able to find more to blog about.

Keep those ducky feet kickin!

:-)